Water Heater Installation and Repair Selbyville – Serving Southern Maryland and Delaware
Since 1993, Red Dog Heating, Cooling & Plumbing has been performing water heater installations and repairs for customers in Selbyville, Salisbury and Lewes. Whether you’re looking for a conventional hot water tank or a high-efficiency tankless model, our plumbers can match you with a water heater that provides reliable, efficient performance and optimal output.
Choosing a Water Heater for Your Home
In Maryland and Delaware, water heating accounts for 18 percent of residential energy use. Reducing your water consumption and lowering the temperature setting can save energy, but so can a new water heater. Today’s Energy Star models are approximately 10 percent more efficient, which can save you several hundred dollars over the unit’s lifespan. Here are a few things to consider.
- Size: Storage tanks typically hold 20 to 100 gallons. Compact units are suitable for smaller households, and 50-gallon models are recommended for most families.
- Rating: The first-hour capacity determines the recovery rate and gives you a good idea of how much hot water you can use at once.
- Fuel: Residential water heaters use natural gas, electricity or propane. While electric is convenient, gas is more efficient.
Water Heater Installation and Replacement Options
The average lifespan of a water heater is around 12 years. Depending on your needs, you may be interested in an identical model for faster installation or a larger unit to accommodate your family’s growing demands. Once you’ve selected a replacement, we’ll drain the old tank for off-site recycling, prepare the plumbing lines and modify the gas pipes or exhaust vents if needed. We install gas and electric water heaters, as well as energy-efficient alternatives.
- Electric: Electric water heaters are convenient, readily available and easy to install. Plus, the heating element is replaceable.
- Gas: Natural gas and propane models heat water twice as quickly, so you can often select a slightly smaller unit.
- Alternatives: Heat pump water heaters extract energy from the air, which makes them two to four times more efficient.
Water Heater Repairs
If you need water heater repairs in Lewes or Rehoboth Beach, our licensed plumbers can handle the job. We repair gas and electric models from all brands, and we offer convenient appointments seven days a week. For peace of mind, our work is backed by a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Our professionals perform all types of repairs, and we stock a wide selection of replacement parts needed to resolve these common issues.
- Dirty flame sensors
- Faulty ignition switches
- Leaky valves or pipes
- Burned-out heating elements
- Water quality issues
- Broken dip tubes
p>Whether you need a water heater repair or an urgent replacement, call Red Dog Heating, Cooling & Plumbing today. We offer convenient service and quality products to customers across southern Delaware and Maryland’s Eastern Shore.